Homestead Borough Government
Homestead Borough operates under the Pennsylvania Borough
Code with a Council-Manager form of government. Borough Council
is comprised of seven independently elected residents.
Each member of Council is elected for a four year term. The offices
of Mayor and Tax Collector are also elected to four year terms. Council
appoints a Borough Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of the
In this section of our website you will find information on
administration, Council meetings,
downloadable documents and
applications, as well as information on
public safety and services.
Important Days At-a-Glance
- The Borough Council meets the Second Thursday of every
month at 7:00pm
- The Planning Commission meets the Fourth Wednesday of every
month at 7:00pm
- Garbage Collection is done by Republic Services on Monday. See the
Refuse & Recycling Page for further information.
- Street Sweeping is the last two Thursdays of every month from
April until October
Homestead Borough Office
221 East 7th Avenue
Homestead, PA 15120
- Borough Office Main Line: 412-461-1340
- Borough Manager: x101
- Tax Collector: x102
- Parking Department: x103
- Code Enforcement: x104
- Police Department (non-emergency): x120
- Mayor's Office: x140
- For emergencies, dial 911
As part of the Steel Valley, Homestead Borough participates in the
Steel Valley Council of Governments (COG). This voluntary association
provides cooperative planning, coordination and technical assistance on
matters of mutual concern to eight communities in the Mon Valley.
See the SVCOG website for further details.
Return to Top